As the European arm of Public Spend Forum, we are on a mission, an important one, to create an “open, efficient and innovation-driven public sector market.” Why? So we can help government and suppliers better work together to solve problems and use our taxpayer dollars, pounds, euros or other currency in the best manner possible.
The fact is, the public sector market may be one of the most closed markets in the world, with significant barriers to entry and massive knowledge and information asymmetries. Insufficient information on what government customers need, or a lack of knowledge of supplier capabilities, can lead to ineffective and costly relationships for both government and suppliers. Add to that a costly process and an environment where avoiding failure at ANY cost is better than smart risk-taking, we are stuck in a cycle of never ending reforms. Our goal is to drive a long-term sustainable change, where we:
- Democratise knowledge (such as market reports and best practices) and data so they are easily accessible to government and suppliers.
- Reduce barriers to entry and barriers to innovation to aid both new suppliers and those that already work with government but whose innovative solutions are blocked by existing processes. The goal is to make innovative solutions more easily accessible to government.
- Promote and enable better communication and collaboration between buyers and suppliers so we can effectively solve problems together.
The Public Spend Forum platform aims to provide:
- Content: relevant news and information, knowledge-driven and learning-oriented content
- Community: an engaged and collaborative membership community of leaders, experts and practitioners
- Decision-Oriented Data: benchmarking data and more coming soon!